At driveJohnson’s we want to know if your happy but we also want to know if you are sad. Unfortunately in todays world of marketing there are many fake reviews and some companies have built an online presence with fake reviews too. Unfortunately, in today’s world of marketing, there are many fake reviews and some companies have built an online presence with fake reviews too.
As a company, we don’t respond to online negative reviews publicly as it’s very difficult to determine genuine reviews from fake or competitor reviews. What we actively encourage is for you, the customer, to come to us directly if you are sad. Our goal is to please everyone, however, with over 15,000 learners choosing us each year we unfortunately do have some learners (not many) that aren’t always happy. We want to hear from anyone who isn’t satisfied and we will listen to and try to do what we can to resolve any issues.
If you are happy or unhappy, please feel free to write a happy review or unhappy concern below. We will get back to any unhappy concerns/queries within 48 hours Monday to Friday.
How to identify a legitimate, trustworthy company online
Unfortunately, there are many companies out there creating a false illusion, often tempting the consumer to trust them.
Here at driveJohnson’s, we have tried to make it personal by putting faces and names on the website and more. Here are a few tips and things to look out for to help you identify a trustworthy and reputable driving school online.
- Look out for the meet the team sections, putting names next to faces
- Look out for instructor profile pages
- Always check popular social media channels – does the company in question have lots of pass pictures being uploaded?
- Does the company you’re considering have a visible phone number?
- Does the person answering the phone sound like they know the business? If they don’t, you might have been transferred to a non-UK call centre or agent.
- Does the company you are considering have a physical office location clearly visible? Usually listed in the footer of the website, contact page or both.
At driveJohnson’s we believe we tick all of the above, but we suggest you check for yourself if you have any doubt. 😀