C1 Courses

C1 Courses with driveJohnson’s

When looking at a van, it is difficult to determine what category it should fall into. A large looking Luton-style van or a flat bed tipper can be driven on a standard Category B driving licence – the licence most people get when they pass a standard driving test. What looks like a standard panel van could require the driver to possess a C1 licence.

Determining which licence you need depends on the Maximum Authorised Mass (MAM) of the vehicle in question. In order to find out which licence is required, you’ll have to look at the weight plate on the vehicle.

From the example shown here, if the top number is between 3,500Kg and 7500Kg a C1 licence is required. In this case the vehicle weight is 5250Kg and is therefore category C1. If the weight is greater than 7,500Kg you will need a category C licence.

C1 + E

A C1+E licence will allow you to drive a C1 vehicle with a large trailer (weighing over 750Kg). The gross train weight (vehicle weight plus the weight of the trailer) is 12 tonnes. If the trailer is fully loaded, it cannot exceed the weight of the tow vehicle.

BOOKINGS & ENQUIRIES 01908 533 023
HEAD OFFICE 0330 124 4877
EMAIL enquiries@drivejohnsons.co.uk
Only one offer allowed.
Sorry, you can only select one offer per new customer.
Chat with us
Chat with our bookings team

We're currently offline...

We're offline at the moment, but please leave a message below and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

This field is required
This field is required
This field is required
This field is required
This field is required
Thanks, your message has been sent.
Your message could not be sent at this time.