D1 Courses

D1 and D1+E Courses

Owning a D1 licence will allow you to drive a minibus for work purposes. This would be helpful to those looking for work as a minibus driver or teacher who transports students around in minibus. If you hold a pre-1997 licence with implied D1 rights, you will need to pass the test to remove the 101 code (not for hire or reward) found on the reverse of the photocard part of your licence. As part of our course we will teach you how to control a large vehicle effectively and produce a smooth, passenger focused drive.

You are able to drive a minibus with up to 16 passenger seats for social or voluntary purposes on a standard car licence if you meet the following conditions.

  • You are 21-years-old or older
  • The minibus is used only for social purposes by a non-commercial body
  • You have had your driving licence for at least 2 years
  • You meet the Group 2 medical standards. If you’re over 70-years-old check with your GP if you’re not sure if you meet the standards.
  • You’re driving on a voluntary basis and the minibus is used only for social purposes by a non-commercial body.
  • The maximum weight of the minibus is no more than 3,500Kg or 4,250Kg if it is fitted with specialist equipment for disabled passengers such as a wheelchair ramp or removable seating.
  • You are not towing a trailer.

If you passed your driving test after 1st January 1997 or drive a minibus on an older licence with implied rights you will need to pass the D1 licence to drive a minibus for a commercial organisation. In order to obtain a D1+E licence, you must first have a D1 licence.

BOOKINGS & ENQUIRIES 01908 533 023
HEAD OFFICE 0800 4581 226
EMAIL enquiries@drivejohnsons.co.uk
Only one offer allowed.
Sorry, you can only select one offer per new customer.