Learn to drive
Are you a keen learner? Below is a list of subjects (in order) you will need to cover in your driving lessons. If you have been trained by someone else, then you may find your instructor teaches some of the subjects on a a need to know basis.
- Moving off Learn how to move away from the side of the road correctly using the POM routine.
- Stopping and Slowing downOnce you can move off you need to be able to slow down and stop. All explained here.
- Clutch Control Once you’ve mastered clutch control, you’ll find everything else a lot more easier.
- How to turn Left – Major to MinorLearn how to turn left using the MSPSL routine on the approach.
- How to turn Right – Major to MinorOnce you have turned left, the next problem is turning right and crossing traffic. All explained here.
- Emerging at T-JunctionsLearn how to emerge from a minor road into a major road and judge the traffic correctly.
- Cross RoadsThis is the next progression from T Junctions. We go through all of the different types of cross roads here.
- Pedestrian CrossingsThere’s many types of crossings. Here we go through all the different types and how to approach them.
- Emergency StopLearn how to perform the emergency stop. All the do’s and dont’s explained here.
- Big RoundaboutsIf you live in Milton Keynes, this is a must read. Learn MSPSL and how to approach safely.
- Mini RoundaboutsMini roundabouts can be tricky, double mini roundabouts are even more tricky. Check out our tips to help you.
- Dual CarriagewaysDual carriageways and motorways can be daunting. Here you can find out the right way to drive on them to be safe.
- MotorwaysOn 4th June 2018, learner drivers will be allowed on the motorways in England, Scotland and Wales with a qualified driving instructor.
- OvertakingYou may often find yourself in an overtaking situation when you are driving. Here you can learn the safest and best way.
- How to change gear in a manual carAre you struggling with changing gear in a manual car. Here we offer advice on when to go up, down and at what speeds.
- The HighWay CodeLearn every thing you need to know about the rules of the road. If you’re a driveJohnson’s pupil don’t forget to ask us about the free theory test training available.