One hour Taster vs. Two Hour Assessment
A taster lesson gives you the pupil the opportunity to see your instructor and get feel for their training vehicle.
This lesson is suited for those who are very apprehensive/unsure or have had a bad experience with another company.
This lesson isn’t ideal if you haven’t driven before as the instructor will need to drive you to suitable place and then show you the basic controls before going into how to move and stop the car.
You will definitely move the car however, you may finish the lesson wanting more and wishing you had booked the extra hour.
Pros of a 1 hour taster lesson:
• See if you like the instructor and their car.
• If you’re really nervous/scared then an hour may suit you.
Cons of a 1 hour taster lesson:
• You will get 3 times as much covered in a 2 hour lesson compared to 1 hour.
• Your instructor would not have seen you long enough to judge how many lessons you need and when to book your test regardless if you’re beginner or partly trained.
• If your partly trained it often takes 30 minutes to get use to a new car, you still have 90 minutes of driving where you will be comfortable with the car, so generally you will get more for your money than 2 single hour lessons on different days.