Learn to drive
Are you a keen learner? Below are a list of questions you will have when taking your driving lessons. drivejohnson’s instructors will go through these with you in order while teaching you to drive. If you are being taught by someone else, however, you may find that your instructor teaches some of the subjects on a need to know basis.
- How do I move off in a car?Learn how to move away from the side of the road correctly using the POM routine.
- How do I stop a car?Once you can move off you need to be able to slow down and stop, which is all explained here.
- What is clutch control? Once you’ve mastered clutch control, you’ll find everything else a lot easier to manage.
- How do I turn Left from a Major to Minor road?Learn how to turn left using the MSPSL routine on the approach.
- How do I turn Right from a Major to Minor road?Once you have turned left, the next problem is turning right and crossing traffic. This is all explained here.
- How do I emerge at a T-Junction?Learn how to emerge from a minor road into a major road and judge the traffic correctly.
- How do I deal with Crossroads?This is the next progression from T Junctions. We go through all of the different types of cross roads here.
- How do I deal with Pedestrian Crossings?There’s many types of crossings. Here we go through all the different types and how to approach them.
- How do I carry out an Emergency Stop?Learn how to perform the emergency stop. All the do’s and dont’s are explained here.
- How do I tackle a Big Roundabout?If you live in Milton Keynes, this is a must read. Learn MSPSL and how to approach safely.
- How do I tackle a Mini Roundabout?Mini roundabouts can be tricky, double mini roundabouts are even trickier. Check out our top tips to help you master mini roundabouts.
- How do I drive on a Dual Carriageway?Dual carriageways and motorways can be daunting. Here you can find out the right way to drive on them to be safe.
- How should I drive on a Motorway?As of 4th June 2018, learner drivers have been allowed on motorways in England, Scotland and Wales with a qualified driving instructor.
- How do I overtake?You may often find yourself in an overtaking situation when you are driving. Here you can learn the safest and best way to carry this out.
- How do I change gear in a manual car?Are you struggling with changing gear in a manual car. Here we offer advice on when to go up, down and at what speeds.
- Where can I park my car?You may find yourself in a situation where you need to park your car by the side of the road. Here we explain where you can park legally and safely by the side of the road.
- Can I drive in a bus lane?Do you know the rules regarding driving in bus lanes? There are many common mistakes which could you land you with over a £100 fine, here are the main rules.
- What is The Highway Code?Learn every thing you need to know about the rules of the road. If you’re a driveJohnson’s pupil don’t forget to ask us about the free theory test training available.