Learn to drive
Are you a keen learner? Below is a list of subjects (in order) you will need to cover in your driving lessons. If you have been trained by someone else, then you may find your instructor teaches some of the subjects on a a need to know basis.
- How to move off in a carLearn how to move away from the side of the road correctly using the POM routine.
- How to stop a carOnce you can move off you need to be able to slow down and stop. All explained here.
- What is clutch control? Once you’ve mastered clutch control, you’ll find everything else a lot more easier.
- How to turn Left – Major to MinorLearn how to turn left using the MSPSL routine on the approach.
- How to turn Right – Major to MinorOnce you have turned left, the next problem is turning right and crossing traffic. All explained here.
- How to emerge at T-JunctionsLearn how to emerge from a minor road into a major road and judge the traffic correctly.
- How to deal with CrossroadsThis is the next progression from T Junctions. We go through all of the different types of cross roads here.
- How to deal with Pedestrian CrossingsThere’s many types of crossings. Here we go through all the different types and how to approach them.
- How to do the Emergency StopLearn how to perform the emergency stop. All the do’s and dont’s explained here.
- How to do Big RoundaboutsIf you live in Milton Keynes, this is a must read. Learn MSPSL and how to approach safely.
- How to tackle Mini RoundaboutsMini roundabouts can be tricky, double mini roundabouts are even more tricky. Check out our tips to help you.
- How to drive on Dual CarriagewaysDual carriageways and motorways can be daunting. Here you can find out the right way to drive on them to be safe.
- How to drive on MotorwaysOn 4th June 2018, learner drivers will be allowed on the motorways in England, Scotland and Wales with a qualified driving instructor.
- How to overtakeYou may often find yourself in an overtaking situation when you are driving. Here you can learn the safest and best way.
- How to change gear in a manual carAre you struggling with changing gear in a manual car. Here we offer advice on when to go up, down and at what speeds.
- Where can I park my car?You may find yourself in a situation where you need to park your car by the side of the road. Here we explain where you can park legally and safely by the side of the road.
- Can you drive in a bus lane?Do you know the rules regarding driving in bus lanes? There are many common mistakes which could you land you with over a £100 fine, here are the main rules.
- The Highway CodeLearn every thing you need to know about the rules of the road. If you’re a driveJohnson’s pupil don’t forget to ask us about the free theory test training available.